[Frameworks] LED light kit for film shoots?

Kevin Timmins on-one-2 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 6 07:05:04 CST 2012

Hi, Guys
I will use them at least twice a month on a shoot for either film or video (depending on what I'm doing). Lately I've been shooting a lot of studio music videos in dark, dingy cramped rooms. It gets a little tricky with hot lights dotted about. With all the musical equipment it becomes kind of a wire maze as well. I had one studio owner get quite angry with me for running the work lights indoors as he said they were a fire hazard. I had to turn them off and it completely ruined my shoot. I also do quite a bit of external work (last week I did a car scene which required a lot of extension cables to the house). I'm covering a film festival in march and there will be interview work there. So I'm looking for an ideal portable light thats safe, robust, flexible light that can run off a battery and I suppose doesn't look too DIY to provoke the concerns of a property owner. I'm basically looking for a well rounded lighting kit that can be used for a number of different applications.
Renting them isn't so much of an option here in the UK. LED video panels don't seem to be around these parts yet and where I live (in the midlands) isn't really a video/film makers hotspot. I don't think there are any places to rent cameras around here let alone lighting kits. I wish there was and it's a shame there isn't.
Brilliant idea for the post production colour correction. I cannot believe I never though about that! Still though it would be nice to have the original film at the correct temp incase I ever want to show the actual film and not a digitized version.
And Scott! Thanks for the info and links, quite impressive results! It's a shame these lights are so pricy though.
Kind RegardsKev