[Frameworks] Standard 8 camera suggestions

robert harris lagonaboba at rcn.com
Tue Jan 17 18:42:14 CST 2012

Re: Reg.8mm

The Bolex P-1 is a wonderful 8mm camera.
Biggest limitation is the fixed zoom lens.  There are R8Bolex's in the P. series that have interchangeable lenses.
Not having owned one, I don't know the quality of the lenses nor the current availability.
The P1 is essentially a miniaturized Rex Bolex.  It has a variable shutter, variable speed-crank wind motor, reflex viewing system, internal meter.
If you could only still put a roll of Kodachrome inside, life would be perfect.

r harris