[Frameworks] DVD to 16mm

Pip Chodorov frameworks at re-voir.com
Wed Jan 18 04:56:08 CST 2012

At L'Abominable in Paris we linked a flat screen to our Bolex
animation stand using a mac running Max, so that each video frame is
presented for a specific time (maybe one second) and the Bolex
exposes internegative stock for that time, frame by frame. So it runs
like an automated optical printer in fact. Internegative stock is the
best to use but requires long exposures. Although kinescoping is the
opposite of telecine, you can find some technical details for
synchronizing  projectors and editing tables to computers on the
filmlabs site
http://www.filmlabs.org/index.php/technical-tips/synchronise/ - and
this can be reinterpreted for integrating the mac and the Bolex
animation motor.
-Pip