[Frameworks] tips on solarizing tri-x super 8?

mike rice bacnheday at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 12:08:20 CDT 2012

hey John, I have had a lot of success with my cell phone light for
solarizing, but a flashlight would work well too I assume. I would also
recommend flashing it a bit earlier than half way through the first
developer, say at 3 minutes if you are developing for 8, also make sure to
keep source light a far enough distance away to not overdo it (unless
that's what you are going for!) but I usually keep it at 1 arms length away
(with my iphone at half brightness, but that's just me). Also I have only
done 16mm TRix, not sure if there wuld be any difference....best to do some
tests.

as far as the lomo, it seems that if you did solarize it while it was still
in the tank it would illuminate the edges more than the entire image, but
just a guess...

mike