[Frameworks] Labs in Israel?

Scott Dorsey kludge at panix.com
Thu Jul 26 09:07:31 CDT 2012

I FedEx everything back home, or FedEx directly to the lab.  Within the US
I'll often just send FedEx Ground since it's kept cool and the extra day or
two isn't a problem.  Outside the US I will usually use whatever the cheapest
way is (which is not normally very cheap).

Flying with film has become a nightmare.  Used to be you could just bring
a changing bag and set aside an extra hour and have the security guy put
one hand in the bag and you put another hand in the bag and open up the
cans and let him feel around.  These days I don't think that would go over
very well.  I feel lucky just to get myself through security let alone
a thousand feet of ECO.

And yes, if you put it in the lead bags, the normal response is to get a
hand inspection which you could have just asked for in the first place.
Sadly the hand inspection often involves opening up cans that are marked
OPEN ONLY IN DARKROOM.  You don't need an inspection like that.
--scott