[Frameworks] USA Projects for fundraising? Others?

Shelly Silver silvernyc at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 1 09:08:55 CDT 2012

the advantage i can see with usa projects:  people who donate can write it off their taxes due to non-profit status

the advantage/disadvantage:  the circle of people that receive info on your project.  kickstarter definitely has a way broader but less specific audience

i kinda wish they had not named themselves 'usa projects'

and it's too bad they take such a big chunk, unless they're really working for that chunk, in which case it's money well spent!

here's a kickstarter hopeful story if there are any experimental filmmakers out there who are also rock stars:
http://www.contactmusic.com/news/amanda-palmer-throws-block-party-to-celebrate-album-fundraiser_1337107