[Frameworks] This week [June 2 - 10, 2012] in avant garde cinema

Weekly Listing weeklylisting at hi-beam.net
Sat Jun 2 13:00:55 CDT 2012

This week [June 2 - 10, 2012] in avant garde cinema

To subscribe/unsubscribe to the weekly listing, go to
http://www.hi-beam.net/cgi-bin/mailto.pl?mailto=subscribe
or send an email to weeklylisting at hi-beam.net.

Enter your announcements (calls for entries, new work, screenings,
jobs, items for sale, etc.) at:

http://www.hi-beam.net/cgi-bin/ann.pl

NEW FILM/VIDEO: NON-FEATURE:
"The Huntington IN MOTION" by Kate Lain
 http://www.hi-beam.net/cgi-bin/ann.pl?type=newwork&readfile=499.ann

FUNDING:
Amy Ruhl (Deadline: June 1, 2012)
 http://www.hi-beam.net/cgi-bin/ann.pl?type=funding&readfile=20.ann

JOB AVAILABLE:
University of Tampa
http://www.hi-beam.net/cgi-bin/ann.pl?type=jobs&readfile=12.ann

NEW CALLS FOR ENTRIES:
=====================
"Then, what if?" (Hartford CT USA; Deadline: August 01, 2012)
 http://www.hi-beam.net/cgi-bin/ann.pl?type=calls&readfile=1451.ann
London Film Festival (London, UK; Deadline: June 22, 2012)
 http://www.hi-beam.net/cgi-bin/ann.pl?type=calls&readfile=1452.ann
Mossadegh Is My Homeboy (USA; Deadline: June 30, 2012)
 http://www.hi-beam.net/cgi-bin/ann.pl?type=calls&readfile=1453.ann
Kuala Lumpur Experimental Film & Video Festival 2012 (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; Deadline: July 20, 2012)
 http://www.hi-beam.net/cgi-bin/ann.pl?type=calls&readfile=1454.ann
The 8 Fest (Toronto, Canada; Deadline: September 01, 2012)
 http://www.hi-beam.net/cgi-bin/ann.pl?type=calls&readfile=1455.ann

DEADLINES APPROACHING:
======================
SFC - Shoah Film Collection (Cologne, Germany; Deadline: July 01, 2012)
 http://www.hi-beam.net/cgi-bin/ann.pl?type=calls&readfile=1389.ann
Cologne International Videoart Festival (Cologne, Germany; Deadline: July 01, 2012)
 http://www.hi-beam.net/cgi-bin/ann.pl?type=calls&readfile=1392.ann
Indie Memphis Film Festival (Memphis, TN, USA; Deadline: June 20, 2012)
 http://www.hi-beam.net/cgi-bin/ann.pl?type=calls&readfile=1401.ann
YoungCuts Film Festival (Montreal, Quebec, CANADA; Deadline: June 15, 2012)
 http://www.hi-beam.net/cgi-bin/ann.pl?type=calls&readfile=1414.ann
Videoholica (Varna, Bulgaria; Deadline: June 30, 2012)
 http://www.hi-beam.net/cgi-bin/ann.pl?type=calls&readfile=1417.ann
Oblò Film Festival 2012 (Lausanne, Switzerland; Deadline: June 15, 2012)
 http://www.hi-beam.net/cgi-bin/ann.pl?type=calls&readfile=1418.ann
animateCOLOGNE - Cologne Art & Animation Festival (Cologne, Germany; Deadline: July 01, 2012)
 http://www.hi-beam.net/cgi-bin/ann.pl?type=calls&readfile=1426.ann
Abstracta (Roma, Italy; Deadline: June 30, 2012)
 http://www.hi-beam.net/cgi-bin/ann.pl?type=calls&readfile=1429.ann
Greentopia Festival (Rochester, NY, United States; Deadline: July 02, 2012)
 http://www.hi-beam.net/cgi-bin/ann.pl?type=calls&readfile=1438.ann
Antimatter Film Festival (Victoria, BC, Canada; Deadline: June 29, 2012)
 http://www.hi-beam.net/cgi-bin/ann.pl?type=calls&readfile=1441.ann
L'Alternativa, Barcelona Independent Film Festival (Barcelona, Spain; Deadline: July 01, 2012)
 http://www.hi-beam.net/cgi-bin/ann.pl?type=calls&readfile=1442.ann
New Jersey Young Film & Videomakers Festival - NEW DEADLINE 6/25 (Jersey City, NJ, USA; Deadline: June 25, 2012)
 http://www.hi-beam.net/cgi-bin/ann.pl?type=calls&readfile=1443.ann
videoholica (Varna, Bulgaria; Deadline: June 30, 2012)
 http://www.hi-beam.net/cgi-bin/ann.pl?type=calls&readfile=1445.ann
ARTErra - Rural Artistic Residencies (Tondela, Portugal; Deadline: June 06, 2012)
 http://www.hi-beam.net/cgi-bin/ann.pl?type=calls&readfile=1447.ann
Plug Projects Film/Video Series (Kansas City, MO.; Deadline: June 15, 2012)
 http://www.hi-beam.net/cgi-bin/ann.pl?type=calls&readfile=1449.ann
INFRARED 3: Queer Avant-Garde Films (Seattle, WA, USA; Deadline: June 15, 2012)
 http://www.hi-beam.net/cgi-bin/ann.pl?type=calls&readfile=1450.ann
London Film Festival (London, UK; Deadline: June 22, 2012)
 http://www.hi-beam.net/cgi-bin/ann.pl?type=calls&readfile=1452.ann
Mossadegh Is My Homeboy (USA; Deadline: June 30, 2012)
 http://www.hi-beam.net/cgi-bin/ann.pl?type=calls&readfile=1453.ann

Enter your event announcements by going to the Flicker Weekly Listing Form
at http://www.hi-beam.net/cgi-bin/thisweek.pl

Also available online at Flicker: http://www.hi-beam.net

THIS WEEK'S PROGRAMS (SUMMARY):
==============================
 *  Red Hook Cine Soiree!! [June 2, Brooklyn, NY]
 *  Jj Murphy's Print Generation & Stan Brakhage's Passage Through: A Ritual [June 2, Los Angeles, California]
 *  L.A. Filmforum Presents Rembrandt's J’Accuse, By Peter Greenaway - Los
    Angeles Premiere! [June 3, Los Angeles, California]
 *  Three-Sided Mirror/Fall of the House of Usher [June 4, New York, New York]
 *  Acceleration [June 5, Cambridge, Massachusetts]
 *  Open Screen [June 7, Los Angeles, California]
 *  Bad Behavior [June 7, San Francisco, California]
 *  Lost Animation [June 8, San Francisco, California]
 *  Alberto Grifi and Massimo Sarchielli's Anna [June 9, Brooklyn, NY]
 *  Occupy Zeitgeist video/Art Exhibition [June 9, Fresno, California]
 *  Essential Cinema: Joseph Cornell Program 1 [June 9, New York, New York]
 *  Essential Cinema: Joseph Cornell Program 2 [June 10, New York, New York]

Events are sorted by CITY within each DATE.

----------------------
SATURDAY, JUNE 2, 2012
----------------------

6/2
Brooklyn, NY: BWAC
3pm, 499 Van Brunt Street

 RED HOOK CINE SOIREE!!
  featuring magic potions! ghost towns! and flying bananas!!! 3PM -
  Saturday June 2, 2012 BWAC 499 Van Brunt Street Red Hook, Brooklyn
  Screening room is on the first floor, accessible to all.
  http://www.bwac.org/directions (...right across from Fairway) Joel
  Schlemowitz presents... A salon of experimental and underground films
  from cine-artists Jacob Burckhardt & Royston Scott, S.I. Chowdhury, Z.
  L. B. Dautzenberg, Taylor Dunne, Seth Fragomen, Jodie Mack, Barbara
  Rosenthal, Lynne Sachs, Sheri Wills, Amanda Wong A summer afternoon and
  short works of avant-garde cinema? Our agenda is to program our soiree
  attuned to the enchantment of the season of Mid-Summer Nights' Dreams,
  to indulge ourselves in the hazy and lazy segment of the calendar, to
  enlighten ourselves lightly and sprightly, to work Puckish mischief on
  the screen, to take respite from the oppressive sun in the magic lantern
  parlor by the sea. Expect red wine and soft cheese, and 78s of old-time
  cowboy music played on the Victrola!

6/2
Los Angeles, California: Echo Park Film Center
http://www.echoparkfilmcenter.org/
8 PM, 1200 N. Alvarado St. (at Sunset)

 JJ MURPHY'S PRINT GENERATION & STAN BRAKHAGE'S PASSAGE THROUGH: A RITUAL
  Two newly restored masterworks of the American avant-garde, presented in
  brand new prints, from the restorations by the Academy Film Archive.
  Presented by Mark Toscano. PRINT GENERATION by J.J. Murphy (1973-74,
  16mm, color, sound, 50min.) J.J. Murphy's film follows one minute (60
  one-second shots) of unspectacular anecdotal footage through 50 film
  printing generations, as the imagery moves from distant abstraction, to
  extreme clarity, and back to abstraction again. The result is one of the
  most humane and moving achievements of so-called structuralist film, a
  breathtaking use of the inherent qualities of film to evoke complex
  notions of memory and loss. PASSAGE THROUGH: A RITUAL by Stan Brakhage
  (1990, 16mm, color, sound, 46min.) One of Stan Brakhage's few films to
  be cut precisely to an existing soundtrack, Passage Through: A Ritual
  emerged from an unexpected collaboration-by-mail between Brakhage and
  composer Philip Corner. Inspired by seeing Brakhage's 1972 film The
  Riddle of Lumen, Corner recorded a variation of a piano piece in
  progress, Through the Mysterious Barricades, and sent the resulting tape
  to Brakhage as a gift. Moved by the recording and the fact that one of
  his films had inspired it, Brakhage asked Corner if he could make a new
  film with this recording as its soundtrack. The resulting film is one of
  Brakhage's most restrained, sparse, and beautiful.

--------------------
SUNDAY, JUNE 3, 2012
--------------------

6/3
Los Angeles, California: Filmforum
http://www.lafilmforum.org/
7:30pm (box office opens 6:30, doors open 7), Spielberg Theatre at the Egyptian, 6712 Hollywood Blvd.

 L.A. FILMFORUM PRESENTS REMBRANDT’S J’ACCUSE, BY PETER GREENAWAY - LOS
 ANGELES PREMIERE!
  Filmforum is happy to bring the Los Angeles premieres of two Peter
  Greenaway films, with imported 35mm prints! The first, Rembrandt's
  J'Accuse, is on June 3, and the second, Nightwatching, is on June 17.
  The two are closely related, fictional and documentary interpretations
  of Rembrandt and the painting The Night Watch. Tickets: $10 general; $6
  students/seniors; free for Filmforum members. Available online at Brown
  Paper Tickets: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/249735

--------------------
MONDAY, JUNE 4, 2012
--------------------

6/4
New York, New York: Anthology Film Archives
http://www.anthologyfilmarchives.org/
9:15 pm, 32 2nd Avenue

 THREE-SIDED MIRROR/FALL OF THE HOUSE OF USHER
  THE THREE-SIDED MIRROR / LA GLACE À TROIS FACES 1927, 38 minutes, 35mm.
  & THE FALL OF THE HOUSE OF USHER / LA CHUTE DE LA MAISON USHER 1928, 62
  minutes, 35mm. These two films have become canonical for studies of
  Epstein's work. They are both accessible and experimental in their
  subtly non-linear narratives and their explorations of camera
  techniques, including subtle slow and fast motion.

---------------------
TUESDAY, JUNE 5, 2012
---------------------

6/5
Cambridge, Massachusetts: Balagan
http://www.balaganfilms.com
8:00pm, Brattle Theatre, 40 Brattle Street

 ACCELERATION
  As a large section of the city floods out during the summer months
  toward worlds of water and other amusements, Balagan maintains momentum
  with the June 5th program: Acceleration. Come on board the cinematic
  roller coaster as we rocket toward maximum velocity, with pulsing lights
  and flowing hallucinogenic landscapes rushing by on all sides. Program:
  Dromosphäre (2010, Germany) by Thorsten Fleisch //// Impossible Chase
  (2011, USA) by John Warren //// Bike Light (2012, USA) by Nicholas
  Kovats //// Monster Movie (2005, USA) by Takeshi Murata //// Outer Space
  (1999, Austria) by Peter Tscherkassky //// Heavy-Light (1973, USA) by
  Adam Beckett

----------------------
THURSDAY, JUNE 7, 2012
----------------------

6/7
Los Angeles, California: Echo Park Film Center
http://www.echoparkfilmcenter.org/
8 PM, 1200 N. Alvarado St. (at Sunset)

 OPEN SCREEN
  Our cinematic free-for-all dares you to share your film with the feisty
  EPFC audience. Any genre! Any style! New, old, work-in-progress! First
  come, first screened; one film per filmmaker; 10-minute maximum. DVD,
  VHS, mini-DV, DV-CAM, Super 8, standard 8mm, 16mm. $5 / FILMMAKERS GET
  IN FREE!

6/7
San Francisco, California: Oddball Films
http://www.oddballfilm.com
8PM, 275 Capp Street 3rd Floor

 BAD BEHAVIOR
  Oddball Films presents Bad Behavior, a program exploring teen traumas,
  cultural conflict and youthful rebellion. Whether in a French Boarding
  school in 1933 or on the streets of the San Francisco's Mission district
  in 1971 disaffected youth have many ways to express their frustration.
  The program features the legendary Jean Vigo film Zero for Conduct
  (1933). One of the most poetic films ever made and one of the most
  influential, Vigo based his first fictional film on his own miserable
  experiences in a French boarding school, and the result is one of the
  greatest films about youth ever made. Its influence is felt in other
  filmic tales of disaffected youth, from Francois Truffaut's The 400
  Blows (1959) to Alan Parker's Pink Floyd: The Wall (1982), and Lindsay
  Anderson's  (1968). Also screening will be the noirish story of a tough
  teenage boy Boy With a Knife (1956) starring B-movie legend Richard
  Widmark and Chuck Connors; and The Bully (1951), a classic mental
  hygiene film featuring Chick Allen-school bully! Plus! Clips from the
  rare, shot-in San Francisco film Latino: A Cultural Conflict (1971)
  charting the path of a Salvadorian delinquent in SF's Mission district.
  With priceless shots of the Mission. Admission: $10.00 Limited Seating
  RSVP to programming at oddballfilm.com or 415.558.8117.

--------------------
FRIDAY, JUNE 8, 2012
--------------------

6/8
San Francisco, California: Oddball Films
http://www.oddballfilm.com
8PM, 275 Capp Street 3rd Floor

 LOST ANIMATION
  Oddball Films presents an evening of Lost Animation -rarely screened
  classics and obscurities of world animation. Most are quite scarce
  despite scads of accolades and international awards. Films include:
  Claymation (1978), legendary clay animator Will (California Raisins)
  Vinton in the studio; The Romance of Transportation, whimsical Canadian
  animation from 1952 with a dynamic jazz soundtrack; Harold and Cynthia
  (1971); consumerist culture skewered; The Mole and The Rocket (1965),
  beautiful Czech cartoon for kids (and mid-century style-loving adults);
  Queer Birds (1967), bizarre and innovative metaphoric Czech animation;
  Closed Mondays(1974), brilliant claymation from Will Vinton; Boom
  (1974), more cold war jitters from Polish animator Bretislav Pojar; The
  Sword (1967), surprise hit from the Lost Animation Fest; Clay, or Origin
  of The Species (1965), the Oscar-winning claymation by Eliot Noyes, Jr.;
  PLUS! He Was Her Man, the banned 1937 Looney Tunes cartoon based on the
  old murder ballad "Frankie & Johnny". Admission: $10.00 - Limited
  Seating RSVP to programming at oddballfilm.com or 415-558-8117.

----------------------
SATURDAY, JUNE 9, 2012
----------------------

6/9
Brooklyn, NY: Light Industry
http://www.lightindustry.org/
3pm, 155 Freeman Street

 ALBERTO GRIFI AND MASSIMO SARCHIELLI'S ANNA
  Anna, Alberto Grifi and Massimo Sarchielli, video, 1972-1975, 225 mins,
  Introduced by Dennis Lim - Shot in 1972, first shown in 1975, and newly
  restored by the Cineteca di Bologna, Alberto Grifi and Massimo
  Sarchielli's Anna is an astonishing nearly four-hour documentary about a
  16-year-old homeless junkie, eight months pregnant, whom the filmmakers
  discovered in Rome's Piazza Navona. Mainly shot on then-newfangled video
  (which at times gives the black-and-white images a ghostly
  translucence), it documents the interactions between the beautiful,
  clearly damaged, often dazed teenager and the directors, who take her in
  partly out of compassion and partly because she's a fascinating subject
  for a film. - Far from straightforward vérité, this
  self-implicating chronicle includes reenactments of the first meeting,
  explicit attempts to direct its subject, and frequent intrusions from
  behind the camera (not least the emergence of the film's electrician as
  a love interest). Anna cuts between long, often discomfiting domestic
  scenes (including an interminable delousing in the shower) and equally
  protracted café discussions back in the square, where the unruly
  cross talk among hippies, bums, bourgeoisie, and angry young men touches
  on the movie's key themes of obligation and intervention: between
  filmmakers and their subjects, the state and its citizens, fellow
  members of society. - An end-of-the-1960s document with the scale and
  intimacy of Robert Kramer's Milestones, Anna also marks the birth of our
  media age, not just demonstrating the obsessive immersions of a new
  technology that, as Grifi put it, "makes life filmable," but also
  embodying the uneasy dawning awareness of what that means. It's a film
  born on a cusp, as an urgency to change the world yielded to an urge to
  record it. - DL - Tickets - $7, available at door. - Please note:
  seating is limited. First-come, first-served. Box office opens at
  2:30pm.

6/9
Fresno, California: Gallery 25
TBA, Gallery 25, 660 Van Ness Avenue, Fresno, CA 93721

 OCCUPY ZEITGEIST VIDEO/ART EXHIBITION
  The Occupy Movement began with a simple question, "What is your one
  demand?" From that singular question, a grass roots phenomenon known as
  "Occupy Wall Street" became the growing face and voice of the people of
  the United States. The movement swept through our country and spread to
  sites across the world. As OWS moves into spring with plans to continue
  and expand on its initial momentum and message, we (Diran Lyons and
  Janice Ledgerwood) marveled at how OWS is changing the landscape of
  memes, the currency of conversation and of poetry, and wondered at how
  artists are responding to that (re)evolution. We decided to organize an
  exhibit and call it Occupy Zeitgeist. Zeitgeist is a German word for
  which there is not an equivalent word in English. It is defined as "the
  spirit of the times" or "the spirit of the age." Zeitgeist is the
  general cultural, intellectual, ethical, spiritual, and/or political
  climate within a nation or even within specific groups, along with the
  general ambiance, morals, sociocultural direction, and mood associated
  with such a time, era, or group. When reduced to its initials, Occupy
  Zeitgeist becomes OZ, the fanciful place of Frank Baum's famous
  allegory, which seems particularly appropriate and timely. Indeed, a
  critical interpretation of The Wizard of Oz by Henry M. Littlefield
  (http://www.amphigory.com/oz.htm) reveals an economic and historical
  context that is similar to our current situation. "Pay no attention to
  the man behind the curtain!" we are told over and over again. And, for a
  long time, we didn't. For a long time we were all asleep, content with
  what we had (or thought we had) … an illusion of security, freedom, and
  choice.... But we are awake now and we have a message for those who wish
  us to sleep again, those who would suppress, repress, and oppress the
  99% and the smaller Occupy Movement: I met a traveler from an antique
  land Who said: "Two cast and trunkless legs of stone Stand in the
  desert. Near them, on the sand, Half sunk, a shattered visage lies,
  whose frown, And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command, Tell that its
  sculptor well those passions read Which yet survive, stamped on these
  lifeless things, The hand that mocked them and the heart that fed: And
  on the pedestal these words appear: 'My name is Ozymandias, king of
  kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!' Nothing besides
  remains. Round the decay Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare The
  lone and level sands stretch far away." Ozymandias by Percy Bysshe
  Shelley A Call for Entries We are seeking art from various Occupy
  encampments as well as art and design inspired by OWS. It is our vision
  to create an interactive, multi-media, participatory exhibit that
  resembles an Occupy village. We are looking for: • Tents as art forms •
  Paintings, sculptures, photography, produced by individuals or
  collectives • Digital files of posters to create a looping slideshow •
  Poems that can be performed by our local poets • Performance art
  Simultaneously, we are organizing a film and video festival to accompany
  the exhibition. For the Occupy Zeitgeist (OZ) Video Festival, we are
  looking for short and full-length documentaries and remix videos of any
  length. The parameters for both the exhibit and the video festival are
  inclusive, as Occupy has addressed a wide range of issues. The work can
  directly relate to the Occupy sites that have generated extensive
  documentary footage or collections of art. It could address the
  corruption of Wall Street, the banking system, the NDAA, SOPA/PIPA, the
  1% or issues of privilege, the plight of the 99% during the economic
  downturn, the depletion of civil liberties, etc. There is no entry fee.
  However, participating artists must pay for their own shipping to and
  from the exhibit. This applies to both the exhibition and the video
  festival. The Occupy Zeitgeist (OZ) Exhibition To submit any tangible
  artwork (see below for video and film), please send jpeg files to the
  following address: Occupy.Zeitgeist.Exhibition at gmail.com. If you are
  submitting performance work, please send a YouTube or Vimeo link of the
  proposed piece to the aforementioned address. Please include your name,
  title of the piece, and a short description of the work. If you have any
  questions, we would enjoy hearing from you. There is no limit to the
  amount of artwork that can be submitted by an individual or collective,
  but do understand that there are limits to the physical gallery space
  and that not all artwork will be accepted. The Occupy Zeitgeist (OZ)
  Video Festival To submit video or film for consideration (YouTube, Vimeo
  links only), please send them to the following address:
  Occupy.Zeitgeist.Festival at gmail.com. Please include your name, title of
  the piece, and a short description of the work. If you have any
  questions, we would enjoy hearing from you. There is no limit to the
  amount of videos that may be submitted by an individual or collective,
  but do understand that there are limits to the time we have to showcase
  the videos and films and that not all of them will be accepted. The
  festival will feature invited video works by Andy Baio, Elisa
  Kreisinger, Martin Leduc, Corey Ogilvie, Erik Nelson, Adam Quirk, and
  The Yes Men. The program will also include the feature length
  documentaries by Dennis Trainor, Jr. and "The Occupy Movie" (by Andrew
  Halliwell, Maziar Ghaderi, and Corey Ogilvie). The Calendar • March 15 –
  April 15: please submit your artwork, film, or video for consideration •
  April 25: notifications send to all • May 30: all accepted entries must
  arrive to be included • May 31 – June 6: installation • June 7,
  5:00-8:00 pm: Occupy Zeitgeist (OZ) opens at Gallery 25, 660 Van Ness
  Avenue, Fresno, CA 93721 • June 9, 16, and 23: Occupy Zeitgeist (OZ)
  Video Festival premiers (times to be announced) • June 30: final day of
  the exhibition • July 7: return of artwork Please feel free to share
  this far and wide.

6/9
New York, New York: Anthology Film Archives
http://www.anthologyfilmarchives.org/
4:00 pm, 32 2nd Avenue

 ESSENTIAL CINEMA: JOSEPH CORNELL PROGRAM 1
  Unless otherwise noted, all films are silent. ROSE HOBART (1939, 20
  minutes, 16mm, sound) COTILLION (1940s-1969, 8 minutes, 16mm) THE
  MIDNIGHT PARTY (1940s-1968, 3.5 minutes, 16mm) THE CHILDREN'S PARTY
  (1940s-1968, 8 minutes, 16mm) CENTURIES OF JUNE (1955, 10 minutes, 16mm)
  AVIARY (1955, 11 minutes, 16mm) GNIR REDNOW (1955, 5 minutes, 16mm,
  photographed by Stan Brakhage) NYMPHLIGHT (1957, 8 minutes, 16mm) A
  LEGEND FOR FOUNTAINS (1957/65, 17 minutes, 16mm) ANGEL (1957, 3 minutes,
  16mm) The poet of magic realities. Pioneer of recycled (found) images.
  ROSE HOBART and the Trilogy (COTILLION, MIDNIGHT PARTY & CHILDREN'S
  PARTY) are some of the earliest collage films created. The others were
  directed by Cornell (and photographed by Stan Brakhage and Rudy
  Burckhardt among others) at some of his favorite locations. Total
  running time: ca. 105 minutes.

---------------------
SUNDAY, JUNE 10, 2012
---------------------

6/10
New York, New York: Anthology Film Archives
http://www.anthologyfilmarchives.org/
4:15 pm, 32 2nd Avenue

 ESSENTIAL CINEMA: JOSEPH CORNELL PROGRAM 2
  All films are silent. BOYS' GAMES (1957, 5 minutes, 16mm) BOOKSTALLS
  (ca. late-1930s, 11 minutes, 16mm) BY NIGHT WITH TORCH AND SPEAR (ca.
  1940s, 9 minutes, 16mm) NEW YORK–ROME–BARCELONA–BRUSSELS (ca. 1940s, 10
  minutes, 16mm) VAUDEVILLE DE-LUXE (ca. 1940s, 12 minutes, 16mm) MULBERRY
  STREET (ca. 1957, 9 minutes, 16mm, with Rudy Burckhardt) JOANNE, UNION
  SQUARE (1955, 8 minutes, 16mm, with Rudy Burckhardt) CLOCHES À TRAVERS
  LES FEUILLES (ca. 1957, 4 minutes, 16mm) CHILDREN (ca. 1957, 8 minutes,
  16mm) Rare Cornell; more magic cinema from the master collagist.
  Variations of films made by Cornell, plus collage films discovered by
  archivists after his death. Total running time: ca. 85 minutes.

Enter your event announcements by going to the Flicker Weekly Listing Form
at http://www.hi-beam.net/cgi-bin/thisweek.pl

The weekly listing is also available online at Flicker:
http://www.hi-beam.net