[Frameworks] Destructive Film Practices pre-1962

marcos at expcinema.com marcos at expcinema.com
Tue Jun 5 15:09:38 CDT 2012

A couple of Croatian films I saw recently:

- Termites by Milan Samec (1963) was made spiling developer over the film
strip, creating random stains over it.
- In Zlatko Hajdler's performance piece 'Kariokinesis' (1965) the artist
slowed down the projector's speed so the film was burned by the lamp.

Best,
Marcos