[Frameworks] Hand-cranking 16mm projector?

John Woods jawoods01 at yahoo.ca
Wed Jun 13 17:41:05 CDT 2012

I did a workshop with Alex and he showed us his 'wooden lightbox'. IIRC he took an old Pageant projector, gutted then motor, rewired the lamp for a lower wattage and then connected a rewind crank to the projector's drive shaft. He can get about 8fps with his setup and can run the film backwards and forwards with ease.