[Frameworks] homemade video copies of 16mm

Jeff Kreines jeffkreines at mindspring.com
Sat Jun 23 12:21:24 CDT 2012

Since you are in the Mission, you might consider getting a proper scan of your film instead of subjecting it to a projector and camcorder. Note that you will be getting a video with combined fields that often blend two frames together -- and unlike a conventional telecine with real 3:2 pulldown the cadence isn't locked to anything and will drift.

Buck Bito and Jennifer Miko run the Video Transfer Center on Van Ness -- they are relocating in a couple of weeks and will have a new, far better name. They do excellent work in any format -- 8mm, S8, 9.5mm, 16mm, S16, 17.5mm, 28mm, and 35mm.

Disclosure:  they have a shiny new Kinetta Archival Scanner, which I make.

Jeff Kreines
Kinetta