[Frameworks] cutout/collage animators

todd eacrett hellbox at agit-prop.com
Thu Jun 28 17:52:38 CDT 2012

Martha Colburn

Stacey Steers

On Thu, 28 Jun 2012 14:47:40 -0700, Jaimie Baron  wrote:

       Hi Frameworks,
I'm putting together a list of experimental animators who use
cutout/collage techniques, particularly those who use "found" materials
(which is kind of all of them, I know, but I'm particularly interesting
in recognizable found materials). I'm looking for relevant filmmakers
both past and present. So far I have Lotte Reiniger, Harry Smith, Stan
VanDerBeek, Terry Gilliam, Larry Jordan, Lewis Klahr, Eric Patrick,
Jodie Mack, Stacey Steers, and Leslie Supnet. I know there are many
more. Any suggestions for filmmakers/films? Thanks!
Jaimie

Jaimie Baron, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Film Studies
The University of Alberta