[Frameworks] 16mm sound projector speakers

todd eacrett hellbox at agit-prop.com
Fri Jun 29 23:16:51 CDT 2012

Some Eikis have a 3 segment (tip/ring/ground) 1/4" phone jack where
tip/ground gives speaker output and another combination (tip/ring or
ring/ground...) is supposed to give you a line output. I have been able
to get a line level output this way by soldering a custom cable, but it
was always weak and trebly. Speaker out to DI box via 1/4" cable, then
XLR cable to mixer, as several people have suggested, always seems to
sound better.

If you are running through a mixer, start with the projector volume
about halfway and the bass/treble flat (12 o'clock on the Eiki). Adjust
the mixer channel input fader and/or the DI and/or the projector volume
to get a strong, but not clipping, signal at the mixer preamps. I
usually park the bass and treble on the projector at about 10 and 2 to
roll off a bit of rumble and bump the highs, then ride the mixer EQ,
which has a lot more range.

Loudly,

Todd Eacrett
Victoria, BC, Canada