[Frameworks] Open Screening of members of the Film-Makers' Cooperative in NYC; SUN 7PM Microscope Gallery

LBurchill elle.burchill at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 15:56:38 CST 2012

*H**ere and Now*
We Are Cinema: Screening #4
SUNDAY March 4,  7PM
admission $6, free to Coop Members with a NEW work to screen

“Here and Now” is the final of the 4 part screening series in connection
with the  ”We Are Cinema: 50 Years of the Film-makers’ Cooperative” exhibit
currently on view at Microscope Gallery in Brooklyn.  For the evening,  we
invite current members of the Film-Maker’s Cooperative to bring a NEW short
film or video to screen. We will show all works whether or not they have
already been entered into distribution at the Co-op. If you plan to bring a
film or video, we prefer that you let us know in advance at
rsvp at microscopegallery.com. This is a rare chance to see new works by so
many coop members.

We will screen the following formats:
Video: DVD or a Quicktime file on a flash drive
Film: 16 mm or Super 8.

*WE ARE CINEMA: 50 Years of the Film-maker's Cooperative*officially closes
Mon March 5, but the exhibit will remain on view SAT 3.10 from 6-10PM and
by appointment only Thurs 3.8 to Sunday 3.11.

Paintings, photography, lightboxes, collage and more by: Katherine Bauer,
Bill Brand, Robert Breer, Rudy Burckhardt, Donna Cameron, Abigail Child,
Martha Colburn, Peter Cramer, Bradley Eros, Su Friedrich, Ken Jacobs,
Sabrina Gschwandtner, Anne Hanavan, Takahiko Iimura, Jeanne Liotta, Jonas
Mekas, Julie Murray, Jennifer Reeves, Barbara Rubin, Lynne Sachs, Carolee
Schneemann, Joel Schlemowitz, MM Serra, Jack Smith, Smith and Lowles, Mark
Street, Jack Waters, and others. Additionally, rare early documents,
posters, catalogues, archival materials and a sound recording of a 1969
meeting attended by Robert Breer, Jonas Mekas, Stan Brackhage, Storm de
Hirsch, Peter Kulbelka, Ken Jacobs, James Broughton and others are also on
exhibit. Further information and price list available upon request.

**
*
Microscope Gallery
4 Charles Place (at Myrtle btwn Bushwick & Evergreen Aves)
Brooklyn, NY 11221
Tel: 347.925.1433
www.microscopegallery.com

J/M/Z - Myrtle/Broadway Ave (this is the closest stop, 2 blocks)
or L - Morgan Ave or Jefferson Street

Film-makers' Cooperative
475 Park Avenue S # 603, New York, NY 10016
(212) 267-5665
www.film-makerscoop.com
***