[Frameworks] pre-Beatles sitar in experimental film

Mark Toscano fiddybop at yahoo.com
Sat May 12 12:19:24 CDT 2012

Yeah, A Chairy Tale is Ravi Shankar, totally predates that.

Also, James Whitney's LAPIS, which was released more or less in 1966 (but worked on for years up to that point), features a Ravi Shankar soundtrack (taken from an existing recording).

Felix Venable's Les angeS Dorment (1965) features a brief snippet of (I believe) also Ravi Shankar, in the midst of an otherwise jazz soundtrack containing Miles Davis, Dave Brubeck, and John Coltrane.

Mark Toscano