[Frameworks] June 1, two Fischinger events at Tate Modern

C Keefer keefco at earthlink.net
Tue May 15 22:54:27 CDT 2012

Center for Visual Music is pleased to announce two very special Oskar Fischinger events on June 1 at Tate Modern, London.

It's the opening day of Oskar Fischinger's Raumlichtkunst, a new HD three screen re-creation by CVM of his 1920s multiple projector cinema performances, from newly restored 35mm nitrate film. We have an upstairs room at Tate Modern (our own room). The installation runs for a number of months, if you're not able to make it that day.

Then at 7pm in Starr Auditorium (June 1), CVM and Tate Film present Optical Poetry: Oskar Fischinger Retrospective, featuring 35mm preserved prints of his visual music classics. New prints of Spirals, An American March, and more. I'll introduce the program.
www.tate.org.uk/whats-on/tate-modern/film/optical-poetry-oskar-fischinger-retrospective

More about Raumlichtkunst:
www.centerforvisualmusic.org/Raumlichtkunst.html

Raumlichtkunst opens at The Whitney Museum, New York on June 28, through Oct. 28.

The Raumlichtkunst film restoration by Center for Visual Music was supported by an Avant-Garde Masters Grant, funded by The Film Foundation, administered by The National Film Preservation Foundation

best regards,
Cindy Keefer
Center for Visual Music
www.centerforvisualmusic.org
Please reply to CVMaccess at gmail dot com