[Frameworks] Projectionist oral history: complimentary Godard book

Marina Uzunova projectionists at caboosebooks.net
Wed May 16 09:13:39 CDT 2012

Dear listserv members,

caboose, the film book publisher behind the collaborative on-line oral
history project Planetary
Projection<http://www.caboosebooks.net/planetary-projection>, is
pleased to announce that the first dozen or so projectionist vignettes from
various corners of the world are now up on the site; please take a moment
to browse the beginnings of this project to document film projection
practices around the world in the words of the men and women in the booth.

*To spur on new projectionist contributors, caboose will give away, free of
charge including shipping, a copy of its new book by Jean-Luc Godard,
Introduction
to a True History of Cinema and
Television<http://www.caboosebooks.net/true-history-of-the-cinema>, to
the first 50 projectionists whose vignette for the project is accepted for
publication on the site before 1 July, 2012.*

*
*

That's right, submit a short text to Planetary Projection within the next
six weeks and, if it is accepted for publication on the site, we'll send
you a free copy of Godard's book when it is published this September.
Retail value: $50 plus shipping, the cost of which we will cover anywhere
in the world. Be sure to click the link to the book description above,
where you can also read a free chapter of the book on line. Every film buff
is going to want a copy of this mammoth, 550-page book in Godard's words,
the first-ever English translation prepared from a new transcription of his
legendary 14 one-hour talks in Montreal in 1978. And for your friends who
aren't film projectionists, caboose is offering a pre-order special: an $80
hardcover edition of the book for the price of the paperback.

If you prefer, and if you live in a country whose copyright laws do not
restrict the book's circulation, we will substitute a copy of caboose's
acclaimed new translation of selections from André Bazin's classic volume *What
is Cinema?* <http://www.caboosebooks.net/what-is-cinema>, one of the most
important books of film criticism and theory of all time in a dazzling new
English translation.

Please contact me if you need to be reminded of what we're looking for in a
Planetary Projectionist vignette, including photos, captions and a brief
biography. We invite submissions from everyone, whether they are active or
retired projectionists, professional or occasional crank turners, in a
range of writing styles covering the gamut of projection topics.

Please don't hesitate to circulate or post this message.

Best wishes,

Marina Uzunova

Project coordinator
*Planetary Projection*