[Frameworks] humorous experimental films

Andy Ditzler andy at andyditzler.com
Wed May 23 09:12:17 CDT 2012

I love the humorous/anarchic line in experimental cinema.

George Kuchar's video diaries - there are over 200 - are often very funny.
I suggest the brilliant "Precious Products" - when I showed it in February
the audience howled at some of George's asides.

Robert Nelson of course. His great quote about art "having something to do
with having a good time" (in Scott MacDonald's interview with Nelson, I'm
quoting from memory).

Jacques Tati is not often mentioned in this context, but "Playtime" fits
right in here.

"Portrait of Jason" has outrageously funny moments amidst all the tension.

Andy Ditzler
www.filmlove.org