[Frameworks] USA Projects for fundraising? Others?

Gene Youngblood atopia at comcast.net
Fri May 25 18:16:16 CDT 2012

To participate in USA Projects, you  must meet two criteria. First, you must be awarded a grant from one of the foundations in the consortium that supports USA Projects. That qualifies you for the second step, which is being nominated to participate by someone who has gotten a USA Artists Fellowship, which is the consortium’s philanthropic program. Once you’re accepted, they are extremely professional in helping you prepare, design and inaugurate your fundraising campaign. It’s a big job.  I’m entering that phase right now, and when my campaign starts, this list will certainly know about it. My friend Daniel Martinez was successful, and so was Meredith Monk and many others whose names I don’t recognize, but who seem to be well known in their fields. On the other hand, I get weekly bulletins from artists who are approaching the end of their campaign and have not met their goal. it’s an all-or-nothing program, so in that case they get nothing.