[Frameworks] Open Programming at Millenium

Jason Halprin jihalprin at yahoo.com
Sat May 26 15:37:06 CDT 2012

this.

________________________________
 From: Bernard Roddy <roddybp at yahoo.com>
To: Experimental Film Discussion List <frameworks at jonasmekasfilms.com>
Sent: Saturday, May 26, 2012 3:25 PM
Subject: [Frameworks] Open Programming at Millenium

Someone do a show of only Brian Frye.  I can't get what he showed at Experiments in Cinema out of my head.  I imagine some attorney going over files and videotape from court cases and thinking, hey, here's a fascinating narrative film, as is, untouched . . or no, it's a documentary, covering an allegation of police brutality, but wait, it's artist's video, pure appropriation and replacement in a new context.

Of just Jesse McLean.  I was at Experiments only the first two days, but will never forget that string of karaoke performances.  I was moved, for God's sake.

Bernie