[Frameworks] 16mm projector Lens

Kevin Timmins on-one-2 at hotmail.com
Thu May 31 12:12:43 CDT 2012

Hi Frameworks,
Following on from the belts for my Elf RT... I fitted the new belts and it seems to work wonderfully.
There does seem to be a few small problems with it however. The most dramatic one seems to be the still picture lever. I assume you're meant to pull the leaver down and then the film is held still in the gate? However there is this awful screeching noise and I don't have the guts to fully pull it fully down in fear of breaking something.
Then there is the automatic threading guides. The film automatically threads ok but when I tug the film the automatic threading guide wont release like it's meant too. This doesn't seem like a major issue. I simply just pushed the threading guide to the right and it released fine.
Lastly there is a lens problem. Well it's not so much a problem with the lens as opposed to the small room I'm using the projector in. The image that is projected is rather small. I'm using the 16 1:1.3/50 lens. Is there a better lens to use in tight situations for the Elf projectors?
Thanks in advance for any help.Kevin