[Frameworks] Steenbeck needed

40 Frames info at 40frames.org
Sat Sep 15 17:52:01 CDT 2012

On Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 3:26 PM, Kristin Reeves
<kristin at reevesmachine.com>wrote:

> I need to purchase a 16mm flatbed editor and prefer a Steenbeck with audio
> capabilities. I’m located in Indiana. Does anyone have a recommendation?
>
> I’m familiar with The Boston Connection but looking for a possible Midwest
> resource.

Kristen,

Have you tried contacting Notre Dame? They might have some they are looking
to get rid of. Jill Godmilow use to teach there, so I am guessing they have
a Steenbeck
of some kind.

Also try Visual Products in Wellington, OH.

I would guess that if you contacted schools in Indiana, Illinois
(particularly Chicago, but also Carbondale), and Ohio that you would most
certainly find a program
looking to get rid of one (or more).

Paul Tomasko in NY State might have a lead on something in the midwest.

Bill Pivetta used to live in Ohio (now in NC) and worked on Denison's
Steebecks. You might try Bill and see if he has some midwest leads.
http://theatre.appstate.edu/william-s-pivetta
wpivetta at aol.com

Best,
Alain