[Frameworks] Images Festival :: call for films + guest curators

Scott Miller Berry scott at imagesfestival.com
Fri Sep 21 13:44:10 CDT 2012

hello frameworkers!
fresh call for films/videos/projected things for our 2013 edition at the images festival next april.
very modest submission fee of ten dollars until 10/15.
*we show everything from 8/16/35 to all video formats and beyond AND we pay everyone who screens an artist fee!!

ALSO: we're accepting guest curatorial proposals for film screenings, performance, installation, etc.
please see the details below and get in touch!
all best from toronto,
scott

IMAGES FESTIVAL 2013

ON SCREEN FILM/VIDEO for films and videos presented in the cinema
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS NOW OPEN!

The Images Festival is now accepting entries for the ON SCREEN section of the 26th edition of our festival which will take place from April 11– 20, 2013.

We screen films and videos, of any category, that have a compelling, inventive, aesthetically unconventional approach in terms of form, content, story and/or structure.

Fee for online entries just $10 UNTIL OCTOBER 15!
NO ENTRY FEES FOR STUDENTS!

Artist fees (screening fees) paid for all works presented!!

ON SCREEN FINAL DEADLINE: Thursday, November 1, 2012 (postmark)

http://www.imagesfestival.com/festival.php?misc_id=28

IMAGES FESTIVAL 2013 >>  Call for GUEST CURATORS!

The Images Festival has an open policy of reviewing curatorial proposals from the public and this year we invite curators to submit exhibition proposals for our 26th festival which takes place 11 to 20 April 2013. Currently we are accepting proposals from curators for screenings as well as gallery or site-specific exhibitions, live/performance works, and online projects.

For 25 years, the Images Festival has exhibited and encouraged the work of artists producing film, video and media art outside of mainstream commercial production and distribution systems and aesthetic conventions. In addition to screenings in a cinema, the Images Festival annually exhibits a growing number of projects beyond the cinema’s walls. Images works with Toronto galleries, production centres, performance and music groups and other alternative exhibition spaces to show artworks incorporating the moving image and interactive media, music and performance. We welcome any and all takes on the definition of what that means.

If selected, the Images Festival will cover artists’ fees and a modest curatorial honorarium. You will collaborate with our Artistic Director and programming staff to realize the program, including assistance with installation/production, print traffic, marketing, and details associated with exhibiting the project. This is an open call and proposals are reviewed on a rolling basis, with a final deadline of October 1, 2012 (extended from Sept. 14). Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit proposals sooner rather than later. Notifications about proposals will be sent via email by mid-December 2012.

Forward your curatorial proposal with your CV/resumé and a cover letter to us:

The Images Festival
Attn: Curatorial Proposal
401 Richmond Street West, Suite 448
Toronto, Ontario M5V 3A8 CANADA

If you have any questions, send them our way:
submissions at imagesfestival.com

http://www.imagesfestival.com/festival.php?misc_id=28

--
Scott Miller Berry, Executive Director
THE IMAGES FESTIVAL

26th EDITION!  >>>> 11-20 April 2013 >>>>

Canada’s largest annual forum for independent film is a...spring break from normal movies, a mental refreshment and a psychological re-orientation towards the mainstream of image-making.” – Liam Lacey, The Globe & Mail