[Frameworks] latest film project - shortwave radio towers

John Woods jawoods01 at yahoo.ca
Thu Apr 18 01:12:24 UTC 2013

Video clip looks and sounds incredible Amanda! The shutting down of the radio site maybe a stroke of luck for you in giving more emotional weight to the film and get a wider audience (at least locally) interested in the film. And could very well help get your campaign more momentum in your community.

I've not done any crowdsourcing campaigns but I've contributed to a few and have a few opinions. I'd suggest that you do several follow up videos, I've seen a few successful campaigns to do this. And I think it helps get people coming back and suggests that you really want to work for the donations. It doesn't necessarily have to be an original video on the project but could be an upload of one of your previous works or a montage of your previous work.

On a side note I do wonder about the popularity of sites like indiegogo or kickstarter where the individual does a bunch of work that will give a nice commission to the hosting website. I don't believe anyone wakes up and thinks "Hey I've got a spare $50 I'm going to browse kickstarter!" People get drawn to the campaign through your own connections, hard work and hustle. This opinion was cemented a few years ago when a friend successfully raised several grand through direct donations on his own website for his feature documentary.

Anyway the project looks terrific I'll be sending a few bux your way :)

John Woods