[Frameworks] Question for Frameworks Community...

Jason Halprin jihalprin at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 7 12:22:32 UTC 2013

Scott's advice "expose for shadows, develop for highlights" is key here. Technically, you can use any developer with any B&W film, though the qualities of the image will be different. For print stocks I often use Dektol, which doesn't yield the dense blacks of something like D-19. The reduced density yields an image that appears to have a lower contrast, though one side effect is an increase in graininess.

-Jason Halprin