[Frameworks] New Uses for Steenbeck 901 Editing Table?

Scott Dorsey kludge at panix.com
Tue Aug 13 12:40:34 UTC 2013

> Has anyone turned one of these into a telecine unit

It's not expensive; the kit will fit any C-mount camera.  The image quality
is pretty awful, but it's good enough to make a quick and dirty dub of your
workprint to show a music director, or something.

> Has anyone made theirs S16 (viewing) compatible?  Approximate costs involved?

My suspicion is that it's expensive.  You might be able to file out the gate
but you will need a different lens to reduce the size of the image.
Steenbeck did sell variants of the machine specifically designed for super-16
but they are rare as hen's teeth.

> Any way to view neg. film stock as positive on the screen?

No.

> Any other new ways to put these machines to good use?

Edit some film!
--scott