[Frameworks] restoration of CUBE AND ROOM DRAWINGS by David Haxton

Mark Toscano fiddybop at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 26 16:56:37 UTC 2013

Hi all -

I've posted a new entry on my Preservation Insanity blog about the restoration of David Haxton's 1977 film CUBE AND ROOM DRAWINGS:

http://preservationinsanity.blogspot.com/2013/08/cube-and-room-drawings.html

I particularly wanted to share it here because it was a post on Frameworks a year or two ago that reminded me of David's work and how interesting it had seemed to me in my previously limited experience of it.  It inspired me to get in touch with him, and he subsequently deposited the surviving materials for his work at the archive.  Sadly, almost all of his film originals are lost, so it ended up being quite timely, and I'm happy to say I've been through everything and have begun some preservation/restoration work, starting with the film described at the link above.

all the best,

Mark Toscano