[Frameworks] New Experimental Film Venue!

Ekrem Serdar ekremserdar at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 16:31:47 UTC 2013

Hey David,

  Wonderful to have another south westerner venue!

  Just a quick reply regarding lenses: I actually just bought a zoom lens
for about $50 for my graflex from these
folks<http://www.icecostore.com/servlet/the-Projection-%26-Camera-Lenses/Categories>.
(Haven't received it yet, but another friend got one from them and it's
nice.) Their username on ebay is kinemaman<http://www.ebay.com/usr/kinemaman>.
Their listings might have what you're looking for, but I feel like that it
isn't indicative of everything they have. If you don't see something you
want, it might be worth calling!

cheers and good luck!

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 11:09 AM, David Sherman <davidgatessherman at gmail.com
> wrote:

> New experimental film venue in Tucson
>

> I wanted to let the Frameworks community know that we are opening a new
> microcinema this fall called Exploded View in Tucson! Rebecca Barten and
> myself (David Sherman) ran Total Mobile Home microCINEMA in San Francisco
> in the 90's and we did many wonderful shows with visiting filmmakers such
> as Nathaniel Dorsky, Scott Stark, Henry Hills, Zoe Beloff, Bruce Baillie
> and even Sidney Peterson!
>

> Now we are trying a new microcinema experiment in the uncharted Southwest.
> The Fall is pretty much booked but if any filmmakers are planning tours, or
> visits (Robert Breer retired here in Tucson!) to the Southwest corridor in
> the coming year, please send us a query.
>

> Additionally, we are on a hunt for 1 1/2"  lenses that will work for the
> throw of our space.  We have Kodak Pageant,  Singer Graflex, and Elmo CL
> projectors. If you have, or know of  such 1 1/2" lenses that could be
> obtained free or at a reasonable cost, please contact us. (FYi the 3"
> Graflex lens that we used for 4  years at TMH was given to us in 1993 by
> Craig Baldwin!!)
>

> Thanks, David
> --
> David Sherman