[Frameworks] 16mm film rentals

Kate Dollenmayer dollenmayer at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 19:41:24 UTC 2013

Anyone with a New York Public Library card can check out 16mm films from
the NYPL Reserve Film and Video Collection for one week.
http://www.nypl.org/locations/lpa/reserve-film-and-video-collection (and
click on "Using the Collection" in the left sidebar).

Those without a card can view the films on site: "Individuals may also view
Reserve Film and Video Collection material on site by appointment.
Appointments may be made at the 2nd floor Reference Desks or by calling
(212) 870-1741. Please leave a message."

I know the initial question was about places in the bay area, but I was
prompted to write when I saw the post about the "only public library in the
country with an open 16mm film collection." I would love to hear about any
others that people know of in the rest of the country or the world.