[Frameworks] DPX files transfer to 16mm negative, for image archiving purpose.

edwin . kotakhitam at gmail.com
Mon Dec 23 06:48:42 UTC 2013

Dear Frameworks,

My name is Edwin.
I'm an Indonesian filmmaker, based in Jakarta.
There are too many digital films in Indonesia, since the rise of
"affordable" digital cameras.
Now we are start questioning how to archive this digital films. With all
those codec, and software keep updating.

With more commercial films, they can transfer their digital film out to
35mm print. Using ARRI laser film recorder for instance.
For short films, it's impossible for us to go to this fancy post production
house.

Is there any way, to transfer digital films to celluloid?
Is there any way to connect bolex motor, sync to DPX files (for example)
played frame by frame on HD monitor?

Looking forward to hear some ideas.

best,
Edwin.