[Frameworks] what to do with all my old film stuff??????

Matt Helme dcinema2134 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 12 15:16:36 UTC 2013

Give it to an Archive.
Matt

http://www.youtube.com/user/matthelme007

________________________________
 From: Sandra Maliga <neoreal at maliga.com>
To: Experimental Film Discussion List <frameworks at jonasmekasfilms.com>
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2013 6:29 PM
Subject: Re: [Frameworks] what to do with all my old film stuff??????

Transfer to HD selectively.  This is not easy or cheap.  Pat O'Neill digitized the image from some of my prints but I am still trying to get around to digitizing the audio, syncing it up and organizing the drives.

You probably don't need to keep the outtakes.

You might be able to sell the equipment on Craigslist or donate to a local film center.

It takes lots of mental and emotional energy to do this.

 I am dealing with 8mm and super 8mm footage. Paid to have some of it transferred ( used a Groupon). But it didn't look very good.  I want to find time to capture it from a projector.

 Then there are the slides....  And reel to reel audio..

-Sandy Maliga

Transfer everything to HD, with a back-up, and store the drives long-term.