[Frameworks] Balagan 2013: next show + kickstarter

Stefan Grabowski stefan at radonlake.com
Thu Feb 14 15:20:07 UTC 2013

        Balagan '13: next show + kickstarter

                            Dear film friends!

We are happy to return to regular programming in 2013 -- see the upcoming program below -- but, to keep going, we are asking for your help. We need to raise $5,000 by March 16th: check out the Kickstarter campaign here. (We've got some nice prizes!)

A few things to remember when you consider helping us out --

- we, the curators, work for free

- we pay the filmmakers we screen

- we share ticket proceeds with our venues

- each show usually costs us more than we can make in ticket proceeds

- shipping of 16mm and 35mm prints is incredibly expensive... but important!!

- experimental cinema everywhere needs our love and support to continue to thrive!

Please join our effort -- and spread the word!

Best,

Jeff, Stefan and Mariya

BREAKWATER · seven films · Tuesday, 2/19, 8pm · Brattle Theatre

	Venice Pier, Gary Beydler

	From camera motion inspired by the fluidity of bubbling streams -- to the productive potential of organisms residing within -- to the symbolic significance of a teacup's or a storm's destructive powers -- water has given rise to some incredible cinematic images. With this small-gauge film program of works old and new, the first of 2013, we explore the form's aesthetic and figurative possibilities.

	PROGRAM (16mm unless noted)

	Leighton Pierce / Glass / 1998 / 7 minutes

	Sarah Pucill / Backcomb / 1995 / 6 minutes

	Matthew McWilliams / Produce / 2013 / 3 minutes / silent

	Michael Robinson / Chiquitita and the Soft Escape / 2003 / 10 minutes

	Matthias Müller / Alpsee / 1994 / 15 minutes

	Gary Beydler / Venice Pier / 1976 / 16 minutes

	Robert Todd / Movements / 2012 / 4 minutes / super8 presented on video

	our website

	facebook rsvp