[Frameworks] Moviola question(s)

Mike Morris m_alex_morris at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 7 16:19:33 CST 2013

Hi all,

I recently acquired what seems to be a very nice 6 plate flatbed Moviola (that may prove to be a contradiction in terms, we'll see). I haven't played with it much yet. I've been warned that it's a notorious film snapper, but I haven't experienced that yet.

I wonder if anyone knows how to track down a manual on one of these? I've worked quite a bit with Steenbecks in the past and I'm realizing just how different they function.

The main problem I've run into so far, and this may be user error rather than something that needs to be repaired (i hope), but after I've turned on the switches for the two "pix" plates for the picture, and they put tension on the film, I turn the variable knob labeled "Master", which I assume is suposed to transport the film, but nothing happens. The two mag sound knobs seem to work just fine. I'm figuring I just don't have something adjusted right since the table was in use as of 2 years ago, from what the fellow told me. Anyway, any help is appreciated.

Mike Morris
Dallas, TX