[Frameworks] voyeurism / street photography in exp cinema

matt's frameworks address lists at rodeofilmco.com
Sat Jan 26 13:13:09 CST 2013

Hello Frameworkers,

I am trying to drum up a list of films/videos that use voyeurism and/or
street photography as a central component.  But in typing this I realize
that neither 'voyeurism' nor 'street photography' are really the correct
words/terms to use for what I am looking for.  I am interested in the
cinematic equivalent of 'street photography,' specifically films like those
made by Nathaniel Dorsky or Jem Cohen, where the filmmaker is
filmming/recording people on the street and/or other public places without
their knowledge.  Voyeurism tends to be associated with watching people in
private spaces doing private things, which is not what i am interested in,
but the word still lends itself to this query.

Any ideas of films, and good words/terms to describe them would be much
appreciated!

-Matt