[Frameworks] voyeurism / street photography in exp cinema

Salise Hughes salise.hughes at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 15:50:24 CST 2013

I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for but there's a little known
Milos Forman film called Taking Off that has a series of audition scenes. I
happen to have a friend (not an actor) who was in one of those scenes.
These are the actual auditions for the film from an open call. No one knew
these scenes would be used.

On Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 1:07 PM, Nicholas Hamlyn
<nicky.hamlyn at talktalk.net>wrote:

> Karl Kels: Sidewalk, 2008.
>
> Wayne Wang / Paul Schrader: Smoke, 1995, in which Harvey Keitel's cigar
> store proprietor photographs the street scene outside his shop every
> morning at the same time. The photos are later shown in a sequence.
>
> Nicky.
>
> On 26 Jan 2013, at 20:59, Eli Horwatt wrote:
>
> Funny because this was also part of the car culture thread but fits here
> too!
>
> Robert Morris - Gas Station: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASXqAFBWFgw
>  and http://lux.org.uk/collection/works/gas-station
>
> Eli
>
> On Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 3:15 PM, Fred Camper <f at fredcamper.com> wrote:
>
>> Quoting Chuck Kleinhans <chuckkle at northwestern.edu>:
>>
>> > The title slips my mind, and I'm not around my books at the moment,
>> > but Ernie Gehr has a wonderful NYC film that was shot from inside,
>> > slightly above street eye level, looking out at people on the street
>> > who are mostly elderly and shown in closeup detail, without faces,
>> > as they go about daily routines.  It's very loving in attention to
>> > detail and motion...respectful.
>>
>> This is Untitled - Part One (1981)
>>
>> It's a great film.
>>
>> Fred Camper
>> Chicago

> Eli Horwatt
> York University, Toronto
> Ph.D. Student - Cinema & Media Studies

Salise Hughes
Artist, Filmmaker, Armchair Anthropologist

http://salisehughes.blogspot.com
https://vimeo.com/user1421998
http://restoresalisehughes.weebly.com/index.html