[Frameworks] Cyanotype?

Brian Murphy bmurphy.sybil16 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 04:56:27 UTC 2013

Hi Kate

I have some experience with this.

i have mixed the cyanotype mixture into gelatin and  have painted it by
hand onto clear leader.  Getting it to stick is difficult and you should
have more luck with doing it to the already exposed and processed film. The
cyanotype emulsion will be soft and damaged easily so i would suggest
processing  the film in cold water. Also the cyanotype emulsion have an
extremely long exposure and exposing it in a Bolex may be impractical. My
process involved contact printing  a negative onto the hand coated film and
exposed in a UV  box.

I hope this helps a little

Brian