[Frameworks] Paradise Remade, call for entries

Toby Tatum tobyjamestatum at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jul 14 13:45:18 UTC 2013

Dear Frameworks,

I'm looking for experimental films for a show I'm co-curating for the Electric Palace Cinema in Hastings, UK.  Is it possible to list this cll for entries in your Frameworks newsletter as this opportunity may be of interest to your subscribers?  I've pasted in the call for entries below.

Kind Regards,

Toby

Paradise
Remade, call for entries

Submissions
are currently being sought for Paradise
Remade,
an evening of short film and video work which will take place at the
Electric Palace Cinema in Hastings, U.K.

Paradise
Remade aims to present works that conjure visions of paradise, taking
us to all manner of lost edens, utopias, golden ages, pleasure
gardens and private worlds. Paradise Remade will also reflect on the
ways these improbable paradises might be visited, either through
dreams, reveries, altered states, near-death experiences, fevered
mystic visions or drug induced fantasies. Applicants are encouraged
to interpret this broad theme as freely as they like.

variety of work will be considered, including artists' film &
video, experimental film, intimate documentaries and short fiction
film.  While there are no restrictions on date of production or
premiere status we are keen to include new and unseen works in the
programme.

Films
should be 10 minutes or under (although some exceptions may be made).
Applicants are free to submit as many pieces of work as they like.

Submissions
are preferred via e-mail, with applicants sending links to work
posted on video sharing platforms like vimeo or youtube (please
ensure the password is included if required).

Please
also include a short synopsis or statement on the work, along with a
list the film's prior screenings. Applicants are also welcome to
include any additional supporting material deemed relevant.

Please
send your submission information to: info at tobytatum.com.

Films
can also be submitted on DVD PAL, to be sent to:

ATTN:
Mark French & Toby Tatum
Paradise
Remade
The
Electric Palace Cinema
39a
High Street
Hastings
East
Sussex
TN34
3ER
U.K.

U.K.
applicants wishing to have material returned should be sure to
include an S.A.E.

The
deadline for submissions is 14/10/13

Queries
and questions regarding this programme can be directed to info at tobytatum.com.

We
look forward to receiving your films and eagerly await being
transported to paradise...