[Frameworks] Special screening performance July 31st DOUBLE VISION

steve cossman stevecossman at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 20 14:02:37 UTC 2013

Good morning Frameworkers,

I wanted to pass along information for an upcoming screening, DOUBLE VISION presenting the work of Andrew Lampert, Fern Silva, and David Beard. The screening/performance  will take place on Wednesday July 31st at 7 pm, details below.

Stay cool east coast,

 Steve Cossman

DOUBLE VISION
Presented by MONO NO AWARE @ 361 Manhattan Avenue, Brooklyn NY
Doors at 7 pm, Screening to begin shortly there after.

"DOUBLE TROUBLE", 2013  Super 8mm
Andrew Lampert & Fern Silva

Double Trouble is an expanded cinema projector performance duo of filmmakers Andrew Lampert and Fern Silva. Each reiteration of this piece unveils a new double projection experience focused on something they came up with at the very last minute.  Pasta Fazul! Mangia Cine!!

"CORRESPONDENCES 1-4", "MANHATTAN BEACH" & "TWO PARKS" , 2013 Double 8mm
David Beard

The ‘correspondences series’ films were made in collaboration with photographer Christy Shigekawa.

---

Andrew Lampert - Working primarily in film, video, and performance, Andrew Lampert pursues the alchemy between artist, art, and audience in a public space, especially that of cinema. A trained film archivist, Lampert combines a Duchampian attention to the gap between an artwork's private intent and public reception with an appreciation for the contingency of film as a medium, bringing unscripted and chance elements into cinema's veneer of control. Reveling in cinema as a performative environment, Lampert reclaims this space from a mass media culture to emphasize its potential for immediacy and accident.

Fern Silva - Is a former instructor for MONO NO AWARE's workshop series and a alumni of MONO NO AWARE II.
He has created a body of film, video, and projection work that has been screened and performed at various festivals, galleries, museums and cinematheques including the Toronto, Berlin, Locarno, Rotterdam, New York, Edinburgh, Images, Oberhausen, and Ann Arbor Film Festivals, Anthology Film Archive, Wexner Center for the Arts, San Francisco Cinematheque, MALI, BAM, ICA/Boston, and the Greater New York exhibition at MOMA P.S.1. His work emerges out of travel and its various effects on culture.  As a personal artist with an interest in working against conventional modes of documentary and narrative film-making, his work often gravitates toward ideas surrounding mysticism and the deceptive capabilities of memory. He was listed as one of the Top 25 Filmmakers for the 21st Century in Film Comment Magazine’s Avant-Garde Filmmakers Poll, is the recipient of the Gus Van Sant Award from the 49th Ann Arbor Film Festival and was nominated for Best International Short Film at the 2012 Edinburgh International Film Festival. He received a BFA from Massachusetts College of Art, MFA from Bard College and is currently based in Brooklyn, NY and Chicago, IL where he teaches filmmaking at the University of Illinois-Chicago.

David Beard - " The greatest influence on my visual works is 17 years of involvement in abstract and experimental music, translating lessons learned in texture, rhythm, flow and improvisation into visual language. I’ve performed and recorded with the bands Kanovanik, the Real Perfections, and Acoustical Cave Band, and collaborated with artists and musicians including Daniel Carter, Hanayo, Firehorse the DJ, and Vox Populi (Paris).
I see the camera first as a tool to sharpen one’s eye for the world, and secondly as a means of sharing that perspective with others.  My experimental films reflect observation during ‘free and easy wandering’ and spontaneous decision than more than meticulous planning.  I view ‘art objects’ as the residue of art in living.
Other influences include over a decade of experience working in the field of chemistry, daily life in NYC, and the regular practice of internal martial arts.  I am a 6th generation Men Ren in the lineages of Northern Wu Taijiquan and Cheng Style Baguazhang under Frank Allen (Wutang PCA).
In addition to music and motion picture films, I am also active in video, computer art and still photography. "