[Frameworks] Seattle area only--a director's viewfinder?

John Woods jawoods01 at yahoo.ca
Tue Jul 23 16:49:39 UTC 2013

Well there are certainly advantages/disadvantage between using that app over a traditional viewfinder. I've not used the app myself so I can't speak to the critics but it is being used by some professionals that don't want to fiddle with a viewfinder.

The other affordable option is to buy one of those mini-viewfinders that are on ebay for $150. NW Film Forum might be worth approaching to see if they or a member has one to rent.

If you think you're going to use the app or viewfinder more than once then it'd be worth paying for. The phone one might be the best value, since you could pull out your phone anywhere you go if you see a location you like or an interesting viewpoint.

John