[Frameworks] Call for Submissions- Re-inventing the Reel

eric stewart e.l.j.stewart at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 10:56:14 UTC 2013

Call for Submissions:

Re-inventing the Reel

Celebrating one year of Elements of Image Making

In February of 2012 in Oakland California, Elements of Image Making
began as a workshop for the promotion of analogue film craft. It has
become a monthly meet-up/hang-out/nerd-out connecting those with
something to learn and those with something to teach. Operating
non-hierarchically and without agenda, Elements of Image Making is a
vagrant Lyceum transferring the alchemical secrets of the past via
word of mouth to anyone seeking initiation into celluloid film-istry.
As the industrial interests that historically sustained film
production abandon us, we self organize and defy irrelevancy- keeping
film where it belongs, in the underground.

Reinventing the Reel will be a screening in San Francisco taking place
in early July. It will celebrate Element's one year anniversary along
with the rich tradition of artist made cinema in the Bay Area and
beyond. We are seeking submissions from filmmakers that pursue
personal vision while pushing the constituent parts of the filmic
apparatus to the point of catharsis and transformation. From the frame
to the projector, we are looking for all manner of celluloid
interventions. For consideration in the program please send your
submissions to Eric Stewart at e.l.j.stewart at gmail.com by June 30th.
Work of any genre and length will be considered, but works must
primarily be an investigation into the material qualities of celluloid
film.

-Eric Stewart
www.ecstatic-erratic.com