[Frameworks] Liquid Light onto clear 16mm - any tips?

lindsay mcintyre email.linds at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 04:22:16 UTC 2013

hi devon

i haven't had much luck with liquid light but in my experience (both at the
handmade film institute and on my own), with handmade emulsions, it seems
to have something to do with the gelatin content. you could try heating up
the liquid light with some extra gelatin so that it'll stick better.  also,
in the coating, the type of brush and amount of pressure used seems to make
a difference.  i've always found that spraying the emulsion is better than
applying with a brush. it doesn't seem to matter whether it's on clear
acetate or fogged stock - results are equally good.  i find though, that
the hand-processing afterwards needs to be quite delicate - and is best
done in very cold solutions - less than 10 degrees Celsius if possible, and
in small batches.

please share if you come up with something interesting!

lindsay mcintyre