[Frameworks] Submissions/Suggestions for New Programs

Jesse Malmed jesse.malmed at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 23:53:16 UTC 2013

 Hello Frameworkers,

I'm working on a few new programs of experimental shorts and am hoping you
might have some submissions/suggestions of work you've made or to which
you've made a connection.
     *"New" "Landscapes"* — new looks at old landscapes, old looks at new
landscapes, Peter Hutton gifs, super-8 computer worlds, what we might mean
by virtual landscapes or space scapes in 20(0)13. This one is mostly
finished, but until it is, I'm happy to see new things.
     *Skeuomorphs* (as yet untitled) — related to other curatorial
endeavors, but with a particular interest in how skeuomorphism functions
within a progressive/regressive, experimental moving image culture,
thinking of iMovie "scratched film look," the "clicking" of a cell phone's
"shutter," what's aesthetic about processes and how those forms help a
transfer to other processes.
     The third, and now that they're all lined up there are obvious
connections, shared interests and apprehensions, is the least fully formed.
I'm working through something that has to do with *time (and space) travel*,
with an emphasis on imaginative portals between different realms. That is
to say, expansively: a telephone as a mode of instantaneous travel through
space, a recording/photograph/letter as a mode of time travel back to the
moment of its making, a time capsule as an optimistic grasp at the same.
Thinking and rethinking of cinema in these terms makes sense here.
     *Accents, dialects, idioms* and a generalized feeling that the place
from which people emerge informs who they are, who they'll become, how
they'll speak. This is related more fully to my own work than the others,
but will find its way into the world in a similar way. Impersonations,
shibboleths, pidgins and glocalities welcome.

Thank you,
Jesse

--
// // // J E S S E  M A L M E D