[Frameworks] Which Super8 Stock Should I Use?

jeff at kinetta.com jeff at kinetta.com
Wed Jun 19 22:44:46 UTC 2013

On Jun 19, 2013, at 5:40 PM, Insa Langhorst wrote:

> The film will have a few scenes which are set at night, so I´ll need to get stock with different sensitivities. I have looked at the VISION2 200T Color Negative Super 8 Film and the VISION2 500T Color Negative Super 8 Film - are they any good? I am also not sure whether to get negative or reversal film.

Super-8 is a medium that was intended for reversal film.  Color negative in S8 is usually quite ugly, and you probably could shoot 16mm for not much more money, with better results.  Underexposed S8 color negative can be truly hideous, even when scanned on a great film scanner.

However, Tri-X reversal still exists, and can be quite beautiful.  Consider B&W -- it's cheaper and looks better.

Jeff Kreines
Kinetta
kinetta.com
jeff at kinetta.com