[Frameworks] Portrait films

Heath Iverson hai at st-andrews.ac.uk
Sat Jun 22 12:56:47 UTC 2013

Pedro Costa has been doing some interesting moving-image portraiture work
with sculptor  Rui Chafes. Their work "Mu" is currently in the Cuban
Pavilion at the Venice Biennale. You can read about it here:
http://theculturetrip.com/caribbean/cuba/articles/classic-tales-of-distortion-cuba-at-the-venice-biennale/

Best,
Heath

On 20 June 2013 22:38, Herb Shellenberger <HerbS at ihphilly.org> wrote:

> I love Gérard Courant's film Cinématon which consists of (to this date)
> 2737 3.5 minute portraits of artists, writers, intellectuals and many other
> different kinds of people. You can see many of these portraits on YouTube
> or on Gérard's site http://www.gerardcourant.com/
>
> I presented a screening of 50 of these portraits during one of our season
> opening events at International House Philadelphia. It was great to see
> them projected in a cinema setting.
>
> Here's an example: Cinematon #120: Paul Sharits (1981):
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfakqYNFkYY
>
> Herb Shellenberger
> Programs Office Manager
>
> 3701 CHESTNUT STREET | PHILADELPHIA, PA 19104
> phone: 215.895.6575   |  fax: 215.895.6562

Heath Iverson
PhD Student, Film Studies
University of St Andrews
99 North Street