[Frameworks] °**° Directors Lounge Screening Thurs. 27 June - Txema Novelo - Visions from Mexican Underground °**°

Klaus W. Eisenlohr klaus at richfilm.de
Wed Jun 26 14:08:53 UTC 2013

Directors Lounge Screening:

Txema Novelo
Visions from Mexican Underground

Thursday, 27 June 2013
21:00
Z-Bar
Bergstraße 2
10115 Berlin-Mitte

Txema Novelo, artist from Mexica who just
finished his Emare Residency in Bourges will
present his newest work “Still Movie", and a
selection of his works connected with Vale Vergas
Discos, his music label involved with Mexican
underground music. Txema usually works with 16mm
or super-8 and each of his films is related to a
music piece, and starring the musicians. Unlike
commisioned “music videos", these films show the
artists vision for the tunes, taking up a life
and a story for themselves, and mixing urban
life, images of nature and mythology. “Still
Movie" will be presented first time in Germany,
as work-in-progress with 4 of 5 planned chapters
of tribute to Walter Schmidt a largely
influential first generation Mexican punk
musician. Txema Novelo: 'I share the same church
as Dan Graham: “Rock'n Roll is my religion".'
The artist will be available for Q&A.

Artist Links:
http://www.valevergasdiscos.com/
http://yau.com.mx/artists/txema-novelo

Links:
Directors Lounge
http://www.directorslounge.net
Full program details:
http://www.richfilm.de/currentUpload/
Z-Bar
http://www.z-bar.de
--

Klaus W. Eisenlohr, Osnabrücker Str. 25, D-10589 Berlin, Germany

email:			klaus at richfilm.de
and film production:		http://www.richfilm.de

phone:			int.- 49 - 30 - 3409 5343 (BERLIN)