[Frameworks] Subtitle Font Suggestions

Ken Paul Rosenthal kenpaulrosenthal at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 27 18:06:39 UTC 2013

My current film is very text heavy, so it's extremely critical that the subtitle typeface be legible but also friendly to the eye. After a considerable amount of research, I've decide to go with Geneva CV. Helvetica Nue was a close second, but the former is a bit more open.However I'm now beginning to feel that the Geneva CV is a tad too distinct from the imagery it appears over. In terms of legibility, it is ideal. But given the lyrical nature of the imagery, I'm re-considering a font that visually integrates into the show a bit better. The shape of the letters are fine. It's more about the heads and tails of the stems, which in Geneva CV are a tad too 'crisp'.I'd like to respectfully note that I'm not looking for advice about technical or traditional "shoulds" and "should nots". Just simple font suggestions.Many thanks! Ken

www.kenpaulrosenthal.com
www.crookedbeauty.com
www.maddancementalhealthfilmtrilogy.com