[Frameworks] Collaborating with Nature

Caryn Cline carynycline at gmail.com
Sat Mar 2 00:35:27 UTC 2013

Dear Frameworkers,

Our recent call for work for the "Collaborating with Nature" program at
this year's Experiments in Cinema Festival through Frameworks was
particularly fruitful. We are truly excited about this selection of films,
and want to thank both the recent "Material Worlds" program at GAZE in San
Francisco and the Greenpoint (NY) Film Festival 2011 (and curator Scott
Nyerges), that served as inspirations for our programming.  Thank you
Frameworks!

We thought you might be interested to know about our program.  Here is the
run down:

*

Devon DamonteS’more Spores (2011)16mm/Color/silentStan BrakhageGarden of
Earthly Delights (1981)16mm/Color/SilentRobbie LandMatters of
Bioluminescence (2012)16mm/Color/Sound Lori Felker Zwischen
(2006)16mm/B&W/SoundChristine
Lucy LatimerFruit Flies (2010)16mm/Color/Silent (18fps)Josh BonnettaNovember
Light (2004)HD-mov/Color/Silent Dagie Brundert The Magic Soup
(2012).mov/B&W/SoundDorothea Braemer/Brian MilbrandEarl Butz
(2004).mov/Color/Sound (found footage)Cade
BursellSalt Lines (2012)HD/Color/SilentBotanicollage Workshop filmExperiments
in Botanicollage-2 (2013)16mm/Color/SilentEric StewartFe
(2012)16mm/B&W/SilentEva KolczeMarkings 1-3
(2011)16mm/Color/SoundJeremy
RendinaSeaweed (2002)16mm/Color/Sound Mel Friedling Garden Roll Bounce
Parking Lot (2010) 16mm/Color/Sound (found footage) Ken Paul Rosenthal Spring
Flavor (1996) 16mm/Color/SilentSteve WoloshenZero Visibility
(2009)35mm/color/silent
(found footage)
*

Caryn Cline and Julie Perini
Co-Curators, "Collaborating with Nature"
Experiments in Cinema v. 8.53, 2013
--
Caryn Cline
Filmmaker and Teacher