[Frameworks] Revolutions per Minute - Golgate

Chris Lynn lynnchristopher at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 2 14:52:13 UTC 2013

Speaking of Sound Art-If anyone  is in Washington  DC tonight-you should try to make this-films and experimental musicSonic Circuits presents:
BLK TAG
BLK TAG are a collaborative effort between JS Adams (BLK w/BEAR) and Chris Videll (Tag Cloud) first created for Long Division with Remainders’ Collision/Detection project. Their VERSION 5 download EP was released October 2012 on Front & Follow (UK) and will be included in a 2013 CD collection of all versions and additional tracks. BLK TAG contributed to Music for Restrooms (District of Noise) and the STYLUS!BLACK!FACTORY performance at the Sonic Circuits 2012 festival. Zeromoon net label released BLK FRIDAY : TAG SALE - their spontaneous response to Black Friday consumerism and post-apocalyptic consumption - in December 2013. The pair finds influence in disparate pairings of dead media recording blanks, Peter Hammill, Wir(e), Throbbing Gristle, Coil, 10cc, Henry Rollins, Amon Düül II, György Ligeti and the accordion music of Aimable Pluchard. Additional assist on BLK TAG recordings comes from Doug Poplin (BLK w/BEAR, Bach Sinfonia), Mark Ophidian
 (Animals With Machinery; Crippled Black Phoenix) and PD Sexton (BLK w/BEAR). Thanks to Mark Beazley - Trace Recordings (UK) for mastering and to Justin Watson (Front & Follow) for first suggesting the collaboration. This performance marks the live premiere of BLK TAG and will include some very special guests on guitar and cello.
An ominous, brooding, industrial soundtrack to something unthinkable … Underground of Happiness [ Cork. Ireland ]
blk_tag.adams-dress.com

InMacro (Janx)
Several AM/FM receivers will be tuned to commercial stations, borrowing from the commercial spectrum. The audio from these receivers will be fed into several low power AM/FM transmitter/receiver pairs. The audio from this will be routed to a central control station which will have a series of signal processors as well as controls for the various radios. Simultaneously, visual representations of the sound, created through either digital or analog means, will be projected in different areas of the space. Finally, the created sound will be broadcast back onto an FM wavelength, representing the return of what we have borrowed to its natural environment. InMacro features radio producer and multi-instrumentalist Luke Stewart, violist and lifelong tinkerer Patrick McNameeking, programmer and musician Craig Roche.

Weed Tree
Layne Garrett works with guitars, found objects, and self-built instruments. He plays in the improvising duo Weed Tree with drummer Amanda Huron. Other activities have included organizing a large-scale tape-loop intervention in Rock Creek Park, constructing a found-metal gong garden in his back yard, and building a strange rolling sound sculpture for last year's Sonic Circuits festival that was a real hit with the kids. “Layne Garrett is one of Washington, DC's most creative artists. He is consistently pushing the boundaries of instrumentation and approaches sound in ways that are always fresh." -Socket Records

Bay Players Experimental Music Collective
The Bay Players Experimental Music Collective is a group of composers and performers whose sole purpose is the performance and advocacy of experimental music from the twentieth and twenty-first centuries. We utilize traditional instruments, such as electric and double bass, percussion, trombone, piano, violin, and saxophone; voice; computers; and found objects. Our specialization is in performing boundary-pushing scores—works that showcase the use of graphic notation, indeterminacy, improvisation, installation, theater, and live electronics.
http://bayplayers.tumblr.com/

Khristian Weeks
I am an artist and improviser working in the fields of sound, kinetics, assemblage, and optics. My primary interest is in the process of discovery experienced through observation and experimentation. Playing a fundamental role in my creative processes as well as in their realization is the use of chance, non-intention, and natural phenomena to produce self-sustaining systems of movement, sound, and light. My sound work includes musique concrete, field recording, installation, and electronic, electro-acoustic, and electro-mechanical improvisation. My work also exhibits various types of movement, and reveals optical phenomena such as shadow, caustics, reflection, refraction, and projection. Pieces are presented as performance installations / interventions and as autonomous, kinetic assemblage-environments. In addition to solo activities, I create sound and light design in collaboration with dance, film/video and theatre artists.
http://visceralmedia.blogspot.com

Plus we'll be screening a selection of recent avant garde short films in the middle of the program:
1.ATRACADOS | MOORED
Two boys, in a harbor, talk about leaving their home and city. Although they feel they can't live outside, when one of them remembers a dream in which they were walking inside the sea, the other reacts and takes the lead. In Portuguese with English subtitles.
Filipe Afonso studied Science Information at Universidade do Porto and Cinema (editing) at ESTC - Lisbon Cinema School, between 2005 and 2010. In 2009, he studied Cinema at FAMU - Film and TV School of Performing Arts in Prague, Czech Republic.
2. Journal of Drifting Hours by Chris H Lynn. Live projection.
Drifting moments, lyrical passages, memory impulses, landscape studies and visual notations captured on unedited super 8 film.
www.framingsounds.com

@Pyramid Atlantic
8230 Georgia Ave, Silver Spring, MD
Saturday, March 2, 2013