[Frameworks] 16mm graflex / singer / telex projectors

Ekrem Serdar ekremserdar at gmail.com
Mon May 6 20:29:52 UTC 2013

Thanks you 2; Alain, it's true the path isn't as easy as the Pageant
(specifically the bottom part), but still felt good. Lamp wise, true true,
but the pageant I have right now uses the old robot ears to begin with.
Plus the pageants I was eyeing didn't seem that great/cheap, so I just got
a graflex from etsy(!) that looked good and was cheap. 1000 model. Also,
cheers for Chuck Hessingers contact.

And yes, ugly as hell.

On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 12:06 PM, Thomas Dexter <thomas.dexter at gmail.com>wrote:

> I like these machines a lot, built like tanks, easy to clean and take
> apart, really great with damaged film, fast loading and ideal for short
> loops (which I use them for) The weight and availability of bulbs, as you
> mention, are the main issues for me - that and they look like something
> pulled out of a primary school dumpster. I have had some luck cutting the
> weight by removing parts, speakers, sound drum etc that I don't use..

> On May 6, 2013 12:37 PM, "Ekrem Serdar" <ekremserdar at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hey folk,
>>
>>   Recently had a nice experience projecting with one of these (the manual
>> load ones), and I'm considering getting one and having it be my primary
>> instead of the pageant.
>>
>>   Seems to be easier to find zoom lenses for them, and they seem pretty
>> smooth, adjustable pressure gate, and some have silent options too. Saw
>> David Tetzlaff post about them with good words in the archive; anybody
>> dislike them for any particular reason? (other than heavy and uses older
>> bulbs)
>>
>> --
>> ekremserdar.info
>> austin, tx