[Frameworks] textbook recommendation

Greg DeCuir gdecuir at yahoo.com
Sat May 11 17:42:23 UTC 2013

All:

Very interested in this question and the responses. Just today I was asked to put together a special festival program on the history of American avant-garde cinema. This is for an audience that may have never seen a survey of this type, so it should be very basic and canonical even but with some challenging picks added to the mix to keep things interesting from a curatorial perspective. Simple starting point but challenging because there is a lot to try to reduce into one program. Looking forward to absorbing these various histories we're discussing and then building something. If anyone feels so inclined, please do chime in with a "this program can't do without..."

Sincerely,

Greg de Cuir, Jr
Selector/Programmer, Alternative Film/Video Belgrade

http://www.alternativefilmvideo.org/