[Frameworks] de-dusting scanned film footage

Marco Poloni mar.poloni at gmail.com
Mon May 27 06:34:14 UTC 2013

Hi Jeff, Hi Aaron, Edwin, Flick,

Thank you very much for your answers. Adobe Premiere indeed seems the
way to go, being more integrated with Photoshop, therefore minimizing
the risk of altring the image's profile along the way.

Jeff, the scans are done by competent people. I am interested in
removing occasional dust. In my experience, even good scans can have a
couple of occasional hair that can ruin a shot, depending on the
aesthetics one is working with. I am also interested in removing
occasional hair/dust stuck in the camera's gate, that is recorded on
film as a shadow.

Thank you all again,
Best,
Marco